Choosing the Right Security System Components: Cameras, Alarms, Sensors, And More
Security is and should be a top priority for businesses of all sizes and industries. Whether you’re a small retail store or a large corporation, you need to protect your property, employees, and customers at all times. But with so many commercial security system components on the market, choosing the right ones can be overwhelming. Affinitech can help make finding the right security system design and installation parts easier by explaining a few of the most popular features business owners choose.
Explore the different components down below and contact us for more information on choosing the best business security system!
Security camera installations are the most obvious part of any business security system. They can help you deter crime, monitor your business, and provide evidence should an incident occur. When choosing smart security cameras for your establishment, consider the following:
- Resolution: The higher the resolution, the clearer the image; we recommend you look for cameras with at least 1080p resolution.
- Field of view: Consider the area you need to monitor and choose business security system cameras with an appropriate field of view.
- Night vision: If you need to monitor your business after hours, prioritize night vision capabilities.
- Outdoor vs. indoor: If you need to monitor outdoor areas, choose pieces of Affinitech equipment that are designed exclusively for outdoor use.
Should your security camera installation pick up any specific activity, an alarm should sound to alert you and authorities to a potential break-in or other security breaches. When choosing the right smart security alarm, it’s important to pay attention to:
- The type of alarm: Your commercial security system may include audible alarms, silent alarms, and alarms that are connected to a monitoring service. Consider your needs and choose the appropriate type of alarm with Affinitech
- False alarms: False alarms can be costly and can lead to fines or other penalties. Choose highly-rated pieces of equipment that are reliable and won’t trigger false alarms.
Sensors are what help trigger an alarm to go off, which is important for protecting your business. Adding these to your security system design and installation can help you detect a variety of security breaches, including motion, sound, and temperature changes. When choosing sensors, consider:
- The type of sensor: Motion sensors, door sensors, and glass break sensors are available, depending on which ones are best for your business.
- Placement: Sensors should be placed in areas that are most vulnerable to security breaches. Consider the layout of your business and the areas that need to be monitored.
- Integration: Sensors can be integrated with other business security system components, such as cameras and alarms. Consider how you want your sensors to work with other components.
Access Control Systems
Access control systems are designed to limit access to certain areas of your business, ensuring only authorized personnel can access key systems. These systems can help you protect sensitive information, valuable assets, and other areas that require restricted access. Consider what type of access control systems your commercial business may need, including keycards, biometric scanners, and PIN codes.
Get the Best Business Security System With Affinitech
Our security system design and installations can help ensure your business is well-protected! Contact us for a personalized quote and to discuss your security needs in-depth.
How IP Cameras Are Revolutionizing the Retail IndustryThe retail industry is seeing a significant shift towards digitalization and the use of technology t …
Choosing the Right Security System Components: Cameras, Alarms, Sensors, And MoreSecurity is and should be a top priority for businesses of all sizes and industries. Whether you’re …
The Top 4 Features To Look For In An IP Camera SystemIP security camera systems have revolutionized the way we approach security and surveillance in comm …